Shade Tree Commission
The Brookville Borough's Shade Tree Commission works with residents to watch over the health and diversity of our trees.
The Commission monitors the streets to reduce risk from hazardous trees.
Here are some helpful tips regarding trees:
- Regardless of who originally planted the tree, if the tree is
on your property it is your responsibility.
- If a tree is in the power lines, contact Penelec at 1-800-545-7741.
If it caused a power outage, call Penelec at 1-888-LIGHTSS.
- You only need a permit if you are planting a tree on Main Street or removing a tree on Main Street or within the Borough's right of way.
Shade Tree Commission permit applications can be downloaded from our website, and are also available at the Brookville Borough Office at 18 Western Avenue, Suite A.
There is no fee for the application or permit, however the cost involved with tree planting and removal is the homeowner's responsibility.
News & Announcements
- Online Bill Pay is up and running for Brookville Municipal Authority water/sewer customers!
- Brookville Municipal Authority is now proud to offer the option of Paperless Billing Statements! Please read the attached information.
- Brookville Municipal Authority is in the process of updating all water meters with new radio read meters.
- Visit us on Facebook!
- Brookville's Municipal Authority is pleased to announce that Direct Bill Pay is now available.